In addition to displaying the optical power the optional optical measurement input can also display the optical modulation index (OMI) as single or summed OMI. As a result of the internal reconversion of optical signals to an RF signal the known measurements are also made available.
The VAROS 107 is equipped with an upstream generator to enable it to manage the increased demands on the return channel capability in the networks with regards measurement.
For this the device sends up to 4 simultaneous transmission carriers (CW or PRBS) from the TAD in the return channel. These carriers can then be measured with the AMA 310 or Kronback X16/KWS.
Long-term measurements are possible using the data grabber.
- High resolution, brilliant 5.7″ colour TFT
- Frequency range from 5–867 MHz
- Analogue: FM, TV (RF level measurement), EMI measurement
- Digital: DVB-C, DOCSIS (RF level/BER/MER/Constellation diagram/Packet errors/Noise Margin)
- MPEG-4 decoder for SD and HD image display with CI slot and DVI out
- NIT evaluation
- LCN display
- DOCSIS Analyser (DOCSIS 3.0)
- Digital analyser for all ranges, tilt measurement
- Signal quality monitoring with data grabber
- Measurement data storage via USB
- Upstream generator 5–65 MHz (CW and PRBS)
- Interference measurement (EMI)
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery 7.2 V/6.6 Ah
Functional protection bag
VAROS 107’s robust protection bag with its innovative belt system allows you to work perfectly with slung measurement device. Your hands are freed up for work. The replaceable foils protect the device from rain and dirt.
The upstream generator in VAROS 107 can be used as signal source for the return path from 5-65 MHz. Up to 4 carriers can be sent simultaneously (CW or PRBS). Level strengths, modulation, and symbol rates can be adjusted. The operating concept of the TV analyzer VAROS 107 is easy and fast to learn.
CATV measuring receiver VAROS 107 is equipped with the following interfaces, which are all located in the upper part of the device:
- USB (measurement data and firmware updates)
- Common Interface (CAM und Smart Card)
- DVI out
- SC/APC-input and stable 75Ω IEC measurement input.
Basic configuration: EMI measurement
Leakage in distribution networks can be located with the EMI measuring option. It is possible to verify that the distribution networks comply with the specified limits in accordance with the SchuTSEV regulation.