High accuracy, an easy handling as well as the modularand rugged construction will support the technician onsite in his tasks: perfect troubleshooting in all distribution networks with FM, return channel, DAB/DAB +, DVB-T2, cable TV, WiFi or SAT – the VAROS 106 covers all ranages reliably. By any means a real allrounder.
Retrofitting WiFi-measurement or the HEVC/UHD decoder later? No problem with the VAROS 106 … it has the same modular design like all our devices. Also measuring methods that do currently play no role yet can be upgraded.
With this flexibility updates either as a firmware or as a hardware upgrade can be done … you decide.
- High resolution luminous 5.7” TFT screen
- Backlit keyboard (switchable)
- Frequency range from 5–2.150 MHz
- RF level measurement for return path, FM and analogue TV
- DVB-S/DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T/DVB-T2: RF level measurement, BER, MER, packet errors,constellation diagram
- EMI measurement
- MPEG 4 decoder for SD and HD video with CI slot and DVI out
- NIT evaluation
- Spectrum analyser for all ranges, TILT function
- Scan function for secure satellite identification
- Echo measurement for DVB-T/-T2 (impulse response)
- DiSEqC, UNICABLE, JESS (EN 50494 and 50607)
- Direct programming function for addressable antenna outlets
- Measurement data memory/Screenshots/Channel maps directly via USB
- Lithium ion battery 7.4 V/6.6 Ah
Modular and innovative
The KWS typical modular unit concept was also adopted at the VAROS 106 and leaves room for new features and options. Also the new VAROS 106 is a measuring receiver retrofittable for years. Applications that might now play no role can be upgraded in years.
Kompact and clear
The VAROS 106 has a variety of functions, which are shown very clearly on the large 5.7″ TFT display. The compact design corresponds with the low weight of the VAROS 106: only 2.5 kg. Only high quality components and assemblies in the VAROS 106 as well as the sophisticated and easy handling will support the on-site technician.
HEVC and UHD
The new HEVC and UHD programs and services can be measured and demodulated with the VAROS 106. Finally, every technician wants to check visually if a UHD signal or a DVB-T2 signal is ok. The optional HEVC/UHD decoder demodulates audio and video according to the standard. Another benefit: the HEVC/UHD signals can be fed in full resolution via the DVI socket to the customer’s TV.