With the modular control concept the AMA 310 has, in spite of numerous functions, a clear, user-friendly interface. Modern components also ensure extreme durability and low weight.
Weighing up the costs! A future-oriented hardware platform allows the retrofitting of the device and ensures your investment for years to come.
The perfect all-rounder shows its strengths in every day use. Impervious and ready for work the AMA 310 responds willingly to the daily requirements of the technicians.
- High resolution bright 5.5″ colour TFT
- Frequency range from 5–2,150 MHz for return path, FM / TV 45–1,200 MHz / SAT 910–2,150 MHz
- Analog: VHF, TV
- Digital: DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DOCSIS, DVB-T, DVB-T2
- Return path: RF level, BER, MER, and constellation diagram in connection with VAROS 107
- MPEG-4 decoder for SD and HD image with 2 CI slots
- Real time constellation diagram
- Hum and phase jitter detection
- CATV: MER up to 40 dB, S/N (analog) uo to 55 dB
- Digital analyser for all ranges, tilt measurement, ingress measurement
- Echo measurement for DVB-T (Impulse response)
- Videotext analog/digital, DVB subtitling
- DiSEqC, UNICABLE, JESS (EN 50494 and 50607)
- Programming functions for addressable outlets
- Signal quality monitoring with data grabber
- Printer for measurement results and screenshots
- USB, SCART in/out, DVI out, Ethernet (RJ 45)
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery 14.4 V/6.6 Ah
Quality for the professional
Faster computing and control processes, higher resolution graphics displays as well as meaningful copy and save functions are the obvious innovations in the AMA 310. The bright colour TFT produces high-contrast images. The back-lit keyboard allows you to work securely in all environments.
The functional bag
It not only provides protection for the instrument it also enables the smooth operation of the measuring receiver. Due to the large opening side flaps there is good access to all the device interfaces.
Measure with results
The modern housing design and a pioneering rechargeable battery management make the measuring receiver even more ergonomic. Despite the high component integration all specified EMC guidelines are strictly observed. As a result, it is practically impossible for the modules in the KWS measuring devices to interfere with each other thereby falsifying measurement results.
S/N measuring module
Using the S/N measuring module the calculated signal-to-noise ratio of an analogue channel can be measured up to 55 dB. This allows an accurate assessment of system reserves for analogue TV signals.
CATV frequency range up to 1,200 MHz
More and more cable operators are upgrading their networks to 1 GHz band width.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) measurement
Since May 2009 the German authority Bundesnetzagentur (BNetzA) checks for adherence to the maximal permissible EMI. These checks are in accordance with legal requirements (SchuTSEV) to protect radio frequencies from interference.
DVB-T2 differs greatly from the DVB-T standard. It is possible with DVB-T2 to transmit HDTV services.
Both the bit error rate (LBER and CBER) measurements and the MER measurement are shown in the AMA 310’s LC display.
For the record
The measurement data as well as spectrum screen shots, constellation images or LCD images can be stored as BMP files for final reports or for fault descriptions. A clipboard in the internal flash memory of the measuring receiver is available. It’s also possible to make a direct transfer to a USB stick.
Optional DOCSIS 3.0 analyser in AMA 310
DOCSIS stands for »Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification«. The standard lays down the rules for rapid bi-directional communication and IP exchange between the headend and the user. The coaxial TV cable network provides the transmission medium. With the help of a cable modem it’s possible to use the same coaxial cable for Internet as is used for the distribution of TV content.
The new DOCSIS analyser was realised in accordance with the DOCSIS 3.0 specification. Both Euro and US DOCSIS can be measured with this option.