Securing the integrity of data stored in data centers is so important that most data center operators back up data to other data centers via high-performance network links. To maintain the performance of those connections and to verify SLAs, a data center must frequently perform bit-error-rate (BER) tests on Ethernet line rates up to 100G and beyond, as well as OTN, CWDM, or DWDM circuits. The problem is that many data centers have very few, if any, technicians to run tests ensuring the quality of connections.
The MAP 2100 was designed to enable data center operators and network service providers to securely run high-performance bit error rate tests to unmanned locations.
Key Use Cases
- Office-to-office (data center interconnect)
- Scenario: Need to test the network between sites, but neither site has a technician to run tests via portable,
- hand-held testers
- Solution: MAP-2100 at both sites, run tests remotely via secure communications
- Encryption up to 256 bits
- Additional security by forward all management connectivity through SSH (port )
- Scenario: Two sites, but only one with a portable tester and a technician present – typically, this is a two-person
- Solution: Use a portable T-BERD/MTS-5800 on one site and test against a rack-mounted MAP-2100 in the other
- Only one technician is required to run the test saving expense, man hours
- Either test unit can be controlled by the other using Smart Access Anywhere
- Scenario: Multiple plants with a mix of terrestrial, dry, and wet. Need to test between plants to ensure the network is performing to capacity.
- Solution: Deploy MAP-2100 units at multiple sites to provide efficient, high-capacity testing with minimal technician intervention.
- Software-based Test and Measurement (Fusion)
- Scenario: A “hybrid” network with a mix of physical and virtual circuits has multiple test points; portable, rack-mounted, and virtual, with a need to control them all from a central location via a northbound Netconf/YANG interface
- Solution: VIAVI Fusion runs standardized BERT and performance monitoring (TWAMP) over multiple test points, both physical and virtual, via an LMAP-compliant architecture.
- Optimized for remote, un-manned testing with a rack-mounted design and remote management functionality
- Ethernet testing, 1G through 100G line rates (10G, 25G, 40G, 100G)
- Complete support of protocols including Ethernet, OTN, SONET/SDH, PDH, Fiber Channel up to 32G, CPRI
- Remotely test the transmission quality of the network links connecting data centers or central offices/head-ends
- Converged Ethernet/IP network testing and troubleshooting at 10 Mbps to 100G interfaces for data centers and core / metro networks
- Installation and maintenance of OTN and legacy SONET/SDH and DSx/PDH networks
- Data service turn-up, performance validation and monitoring for Submarine Cable Networks
- Rack mounted, 1U 19” wide, kits available for 21”
- The industry’s fastest RFC 2544 and Y.1564 SAMComplete™ Ethernet service activation test including nanosecond accurate latency measurements. Also supports RFC 6349 TrueSpeed
- Ensures SFP+/SFP28, QSFP+/QSFP28, and CFP4 modules run error-free with the field optimized Optics Self-Test
- Test OTN service activation with the OTN Check workflow automated script
- Test synchronization and timing using built-in GNSS
- Fiber Channel up to 32G
- SONET SDH/PDH
- Ethernet One-Way Delay with built-in GNSS